Information Technology (IT)
Over the last ten years, Simon Associés has developed considerable expertise in the information technology sector. Drawing on this know-how, the firm offers legal advice tailored to the needs of clients who use information systems or who are developing activities in this sector.
The dedicated IT team works with economic actors facing challenges related to software counterfeiting, the liability of Internet players, and computer integration or outsourcing projects.
In addition, Simon Associés has established a cross-functional team made up of members of its information and communications technology law team and its specialized teams in Corporate & Finance and in Taxation. This cross-cutting expertise established on the basis of feedback and experience aims to respond appropriately to the needs of multiple service companies in the information and communication technology sector undergoing mergers or acquisitions, the creation of joint ventures or the development of cooperation agreements, in order to access new markets.
In the area of information and communication technology law, the services offered by the Simon Associés teams include consulting, negotiation and drafting of contracts related to :
- Protection of personal data and privacy
- Information system integration projects
- Software development and distribution
- E-commerce and all issues related to web-based services, such as liability issues concerning content hosting
- Project financing and other financing/consolidation arrangements
- Compliance with applicable regulations in the field of information and communication technologies
- Management of intellectual property rights
The firm also provides professional assistance and general practice advice tailored to operations in the information and communications technology sector, from the strategic planning stage through to contract negotiation and implementation.
In addition, Simon Associés boasts solid expertise in the resolution of disputes related to IT projects and in the assessment of legal risks, determining the timeliness of seeking an amicable solution in each situation.