Simon Associés began operations during the real estate crisis of the 1990s and for a number of years advised a bank with an established reputation in this sector. The department then grew thanks to the follow-up of complex cases in challenging contexts, often related to the incurring of civil or criminal liability, debt collection, security interests and, more generally, litigation of any nature. Its expertise was gradually extended to cover the defense of senior executives, investors, shareholders and legal representatives.
The firm has now carved out a position as one of the reputable players for SMEs and intermediate-size companies. It is regularly ranked among the top French law firms in this field.
The department’s activity ensured by a dedicated team, which can call on all of the firm’s other practices, mainly covers the sectors of franchise, industry, real estate, construction, development, services, medical and medical-social care, networks, Internet and information technology, hotels, advertising, banking, luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, insurance, metallurgy and publishing.
Prevention strategies or procedures for distressed companies
- Risk analysis (diagnosis, organization, communication)
- Establishment of prevention procedures (ad hoc mandate, conciliation)
- Follow-up of prevention, negotiation and drafting of agreement protocols in the interest of the director and the company, investors or financiers
- Management and monitoring of relations between the players in prevention
- Restructuring of the company
- Abandonment or assignment of debts and asset disposals
- Capital increase
- Financial backing or disposal of the business or entry of an investor or an industrialist